‘Hard to watch’ for Hope as St Albans are downed by Verulamians
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Rugby Club’s head coach Richard Hope admitted it was tough to watch at times during their 38-0 defeat by Verulamians.
It wasn’t that Saints were totally outclassed but they were just that little bit off the pace compared to their hosts and were also architects of their own misfortune.
Hope said: “It was really hard to watch because they didn’t create many of their tries, they’ve all come off our mistakes.
“When we dropped the ball, they went the length of the pitch; when we threw a horrible pass, they got there first.
“It’s one of those things where we’ve got to learn that we cannot make those mistakes time and time again but if we do, then we’ve got to scramble quicker.
You may also want to watch:
“It was better than last week but still not where we need to be. We want to play with more fluidity, we want to try running the ball but we need to change the culture and change the mindset to get to where we want.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall