‘Hard to watch’ for Hope as St Albans are downed by Verulamians
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Rugby Club’s head coach Richard Hope admitted it was tough to watch at times during their 38-0 defeat by Verulamians.
It wasn’t that Saints were totally outclassed but they were just that little bit off the pace compared to their hosts and were also architects of their own misfortune.
Hope said: “It was really hard to watch because they didn’t create many of their tries, they’ve all come off our mistakes.
“When we dropped the ball, they went the length of the pitch; when we threw a horrible pass, they got there first.
“It’s one of those things where we’ve got to learn that we cannot make those mistakes time and time again but if we do, then we’ve got to scramble quicker.
You may also want to watch:
“It was better than last week but still not where we need to be. We want to play with more fluidity, we want to try running the ball but we need to change the culture and change the mindset to get to where we want.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25