Hanson takes bronze
FLORA Hanson secured qualification for the National Age Group Championships with a fine performance in Norwich last weekend. The Harpenden swimmer also picked up a bronze medal despite a shoulder injury.
FLORA Hanson secured qualification for the National Age Group Championships with a fine performance in Norwich last weekend.
The Harpenden swimmer also picked up a bronze medal despite a shoulder injury. Harpenden Swimming Club also saw Alex Revell, JJ Dixon and Duncan Nicoll qualify for the Regionals, as they each reached the final in their events.
On Saturday, Harpenden sent a young team to Potters Bar for the Second Round of the Hertfordshire Peanuts League where tremendous team spirit saw them take fourth place. Josh Duggan, Theo Dixon and Megan Campfield all swam up age groups and new boys Callum Vangundy and Mathew Burrell put in excellent swims to help the team take first place in the 9-year-old age group Free Relay. Hamish Wheen put in a storming performance on the night, whilst Michael Revel, Harry Hughes, Tania De Malglaive and Leo Barrett all took first places in at least one event.
On Saturday and Sunday, the club had 16 swimmers in action at the Maxwell Open Meet in Aylesbury. Between them they swam in 79 races, collecting a total of 49 medals including 10 gold, 11 silver and 13 bronze. Nick Shone, aged 13, performed recorded new best times in all eight of his races.
You may also want to watch:
Telephone 07767 683956 or see the club website at www.harpendensc.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans