Hanson and Pugh lead the Harpenden success story
HARPENDEN Swimming Club finished the County Championships at the weekend with a fine collection of medals. The 27 swimmers who entered from the club returned with over 50 medals, including 16 for Flora Hanson, aged 13, and 15 for Morgan Pugh, aged 15. Flo
HARPENDEN Swimming Club finished the County Championships at the weekend with a fine collection of medals.
The 27 swimmers who entered from the club returned with over 50 medals, including 16 for Flora Hanson, aged 13, and 15 for Morgan Pugh, aged 15. Flora's haul included nine golds and Morgan collected three golds and the 200m IM Junior Championships cup.
In the British Age Group (BAGCATS) competition, Michael Revell, Abby Smith and JJ Dixon joined Flora Hanson in taking gold. In the Junior Championships Morgan and Flora were in dominant form and Ellen Crick, aged 14, picked up a silver medal in the 50m butterfly.
Connie Green won two medals in the Youth Championship category, with Ellen Crick, Georgie Smith, Harriet Cook and Eric Baker also picking up medals.
You may also want to watch:
The club are now preparing for their Club Championships and the third round of the Herts Swimming Major League where they are bidding to beat their ninth-placed finish of last year. Telephone 07767 683956 or see the website www.harpendensc.co.uk for more information about the club. Harpenden are keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app