Hanson and Pugh lead the Harpenden success story
HARPENDEN Swimming Club finished the County Championships at the weekend with a fine collection of medals. The 27 swimmers who entered from the club returned with over 50 medals, including 16 for Flora Hanson, aged 13, and 15 for Morgan Pugh, aged 15. Flo
HARPENDEN Swimming Club finished the County Championships at the weekend with a fine collection of medals.
The 27 swimmers who entered from the club returned with over 50 medals, including 16 for Flora Hanson, aged 13, and 15 for Morgan Pugh, aged 15. Flora's haul included nine golds and Morgan collected three golds and the 200m IM Junior Championships cup.
In the British Age Group (BAGCATS) competition, Michael Revell, Abby Smith and JJ Dixon joined Flora Hanson in taking gold. In the Junior Championships Morgan and Flora were in dominant form and Ellen Crick, aged 14, picked up a silver medal in the 50m butterfly.
Connie Green won two medals in the Youth Championship category, with Ellen Crick, Georgie Smith, Harriet Cook and Eric Baker also picking up medals.
You may also want to watch:
The club are now preparing for their Club Championships and the third round of the Herts Swimming Major League where they are bidding to beat their ninth-placed finish of last year. Telephone 07767 683956 or see the website www.harpendensc.co.uk for more information about the club. Harpenden are keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall