Hannah chosen for England
Mid Herts golfer Hannah Burke gets England call-up
GOLF BY ALAN BOOTH: HANNAH BURKE wound up her final year at American college with a string of honours, and immediately is welcomed home by being included in an English ladies national team.
Hannah from Mid Herts and Charlie Douglass (Brocket Hall) are included in a team of six to compete in the European Ladies Team Championship to be played at La Manga in Spain from July 6-10.
In her final American event, Hannah, 22, from Baylor University in Texas, finished runner-up in the Big 12 Conference Women’s Championship in Oklahoma on the US college circuit.
It was her 13th top five finish, a new college record, and was her fifth top five finish this season, and she has a college record of 21 top 10 finishes. For that achievement she was named in the Big 12 tournament team, the first player from Baylor to win this recognition three times.
You may also want to watch:
At the tournament in Oklahoma, Hannah finished eight shots behind the winner from Oklahoma State. She opened with a four over par 76, then shot two under for the next 36 holes with 71 71.
Baylor head coach Sylvia Ferndon said “I couldn’t be prouder of Hannah finishing second. She deserves it. She has been a great leader.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism