Hannah chosen for England
Mid Herts golfer Hannah Burke gets England call-up
GOLF BY ALAN BOOTH: HANNAH BURKE wound up her final year at American college with a string of honours, and immediately is welcomed home by being included in an English ladies national team.
Hannah from Mid Herts and Charlie Douglass (Brocket Hall) are included in a team of six to compete in the European Ladies Team Championship to be played at La Manga in Spain from July 6-10.
In her final American event, Hannah, 22, from Baylor University in Texas, finished runner-up in the Big 12 Conference Women’s Championship in Oklahoma on the US college circuit.
It was her 13th top five finish, a new college record, and was her fifth top five finish this season, and she has a college record of 21 top 10 finishes. For that achievement she was named in the Big 12 tournament team, the first player from Baylor to win this recognition three times.
You may also want to watch:
At the tournament in Oklahoma, Hannah finished eight shots behind the winner from Oklahoma State. She opened with a four over par 76, then shot two under for the next 36 holes with 71 71.
Baylor head coach Sylvia Ferndon said “I couldn’t be prouder of Hannah finishing second. She deserves it. She has been a great leader.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre