Hamilton’s brace puts daylight between Tangerines and the rest of the table
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s ladies’ 2nds put seven points between them and second in the league after taking a valuable scalp at Bishop’s Stortford.
Two goals from Lexi Hamilton saw the Tangerines to a 2-1 win and keep them in a dominant position at the top East of England Division One. The ladies now need only one more win to secure promotion to the Premier Division.
In Divsion Two, the 3rds earned a point with a 1-1 draw against Potters Bar after a goal from rising young star Em Thompson.
Elsewhere, the men’s 7ths won 2-1 against Bedford Vets with goals from Harry Hemsi and Alex Schofield and the 4ths held Royston 2nds to a 2-2 draw after a brace from Matt Cade.
In other age groups, the future of the club is looking bright as the youth section goes from strength to strength with some real talent being shown in both the girls’ and boys’ teams. The U12 girls, coached by Malcolm Emmerson and Andre Hugo, sit at the top of Division One in the Chiltern League after three wins in a row and some fantastic displays of hockey.
You may also want to watch:
The club will be building on this talent by running an advanced hockey camp this Easter, along with their usual junior camp. The advanced camp will be for players aged 14-19 and both advanced and junior camps will benefit from specialist coaching from England internationals James Bailey and Ellie Watton.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space