No half measures as St Albans Striders enjoy 13 miles at venues across the region
- Credit: Archant
Half marathons dominated the racing agenda this weekend as strong contingents of St Albans Striders competed in three different locations.
Steve Buckle secured second place in the Dirt Half Marathon at Leighton Buzzard, completing the tough trail course in one hour 17 minutes 30 seconds.
Sarah-Jane Stephens was the only female Strider to take part, crossing the line in 2:26:46 while for Dave Saunders this was the 11th of 12 planned half marathons this year.
The popular St Neots Half saw Stephen Hosty’s 1:21:50 give him a top 50 finish in a field of over 1,300 runners.
Kate Burn was the first female Strider in a PB of 1:44:41, a feat matched by James Giffen, Shanti Johnson, Julianne Nightingale, and Joanne Tang.
You may also want to watch:
The Striders were also mob handed at the second Herts Half Marathon at Knebworth House.
Jonathan Scott finished fifth in a time of 1:16:24 with Stacey Harris the first FV50.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Matt Harrison’s 20th came with a PB and Mike Dando also raced in Knebworth, 24 hours on from his Dirt Half exertions.