No half measures as St Albans Striders enjoy 13 miles at venues across the region
- Credit: Archant
Half marathons dominated the racing agenda this weekend as strong contingents of St Albans Striders competed in three different locations.
Steve Buckle secured second place in the Dirt Half Marathon at Leighton Buzzard, completing the tough trail course in one hour 17 minutes 30 seconds.
Sarah-Jane Stephens was the only female Strider to take part, crossing the line in 2:26:46 while for Dave Saunders this was the 11th of 12 planned half marathons this year.
The popular St Neots Half saw Stephen Hosty’s 1:21:50 give him a top 50 finish in a field of over 1,300 runners.
Kate Burn was the first female Strider in a PB of 1:44:41, a feat matched by James Giffen, Shanti Johnson, Julianne Nightingale, and Joanne Tang.
The Striders were also mob handed at the second Herts Half Marathon at Knebworth House.
Jonathan Scott finished fifth in a time of 1:16:24 with Stacey Harris the first FV50.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
Matt Harrison’s 20th came with a PB and Mike Dando also raced in Knebworth, 24 hours on from his Dirt Half exertions.