Half backs show the way forward for Tabard
London Three North West Tabard 42 London Nigerians 0 TABARD half backs Jack Reilly and Andy Murphy went on a point scoring spree in the second half to overpower London Nigerians on Saturday. Although Nigerians started brightly
London Three North West
Tabard 42 London Nigerians 0
TABARD half backs Jack Reilly and Andy Murphy went on a point scoring spree in the second half to overpower London Nigerians on Saturday.
Although Nigerians started brightly, Tabard soon gained the ascendancy only to be denied by spirited defence.
With running rugby not breaching the Nigerian defence, Tabard opted to use their superior forward power and midway through the half were rewarded with a pushover try from number eight Scott Stoba. Reilly added the conversion and Tabard had nudged ahead.
A try-saving tackle from full back Matt Roberts stopped Nigerians from equalising and Tabard reached the half time break 7-0 ahead.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
In the second half, Reilly kicked a long penalty goal and five minutes later added a try which he also converted.
Reilly added another penalty as Tabard eased further ahead and wing Mike Thomas crowned their domination with a good try which Reilly converted.
Murphy claimed the first of his two tries from a lineout when Cam O'Connor set up the drive which faltered agonisingly close only for the half back to pick up and dive over.
Virtually from the restart a long run from Roberts took him close to the line and the move was finished off by Murphy for his second try.
Although Nigerians steadied themselves there was one more score left in Tabard. This time the ball was passed down the line from a scrum and wing Dan Ashcroft made the initial break before passing to Roberts in support who went over for the try to make the final score 42-0.
Tabard: Roberts, Thomas, Cunningham, Van Deventer (Fleuren 40), Ashcroft, Reilly, Murphy, Collette, Baker, Gough, Montague (Frothingham 60), Sio (Gill 67), O'Connor, Matheson, Stoba.