Hakim on track to meet goal target
PAUL Hakim says he is well on track to meet his goal target for the season after notching his 17th strike of the season during Tuesday s win over Dorchester Town. The striker has set himself a target of 20 goals before the season is out and with seven lea
PAUL Hakim says he is well on track to meet his goal target for the season after notching his 17th strike of the season during Tuesday's win over Dorchester Town.
The striker has set himself a target of 20 goals before the season is out and with seven league games left, the former Stevenage man looks well on track to meet that target.
"I'm getting there. I set a target of 20 goals by the end of the season so it'll be nice to get there so I'm well within that, hopefully I'll get there by the end of the season and hopefully before."
Hakim's goal after 13 minutes was the finishing touch to a well worked team move and the 26-year old says he's happy to take tap-ins all day.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a good goal. I think I started it in our own half, then it eventually got to Si, who squared it and I tapped it in - I'll take those all day."
City's leading marksman picked up the Man of the Match champagne from the match sponsors but says his performance was far from perfect.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
"I worked hard first half, second half wasn't so good but I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get another goal. The boys did well and I'm happy with it."
Tuesday night's win took City's unbeaten run to seven and with a trip to third from bottom Thurrock on Saturday Hakim must be confident of adding to his goal tally.
"It was important to keep our unbeaten run going and just try and win as many games as possible before the end of the season. I'd like to score as many goals as possible every game but as long as we win that's the most important thing.