Grimshaw wins National Championship
MOTORCROSS: London Colney-based Tom Grimshaw was recently crowned 2012 Redbull National 65cc Motorcross champion.
The seven-round championship ventured across the UK comprising of five motos for each weekend totalling 35 motos all to count, and the 11-year-old could not be stopped en route to lifting the trophy in a nail-biting last race of the championship.
Tom who goes to Verulam School in St Albans, was overjoyed that he clinched his first national title as he has worked and trained very hard over the last 12 months to achieve his goal.
Tom’s other achievements this year were to be selected as a Academy Youth Redbull Athlete, which is an academy to help young and talented youth riders. He also raced the Redbull European event held in Holland recently, setting some of the fastest lap-times against some of the best European riders to eventually finishing fourth overall.
Tom will now move up a class to the 85cc, which he will train hard over the winter ready to start next year’s National and European Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The team would like to thanks Tom’s sponsors who have helped Tom throughout the season: G&N Windows, Herts Bio-Folding Doors, Outdoor Kit, MCSP Data Solutions and Nufield Health.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan