Grimshaw wins National Championship
MOTORCROSS: London Colney-based Tom Grimshaw was recently crowned 2012 Redbull National 65cc Motorcross champion.
The seven-round championship ventured across the UK comprising of five motos for each weekend totalling 35 motos all to count, and the 11-year-old could not be stopped en route to lifting the trophy in a nail-biting last race of the championship.
Tom who goes to Verulam School in St Albans, was overjoyed that he clinched his first national title as he has worked and trained very hard over the last 12 months to achieve his goal.
Tom’s other achievements this year were to be selected as a Academy Youth Redbull Athlete, which is an academy to help young and talented youth riders. He also raced the Redbull European event held in Holland recently, setting some of the fastest lap-times against some of the best European riders to eventually finishing fourth overall.
Tom will now move up a class to the 85cc, which he will train hard over the winter ready to start next year’s National and European Championships.
You may also want to watch:
The team would like to thanks Tom’s sponsors who have helped Tom throughout the season: G&N Windows, Herts Bio-Folding Doors, Outdoor Kit, MCSP Data Solutions and Nufield Health.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant