Grimshaw takes Masters Kids crown
- Credit: Archant
Tom Grimshaw from London Colney held off riders from USA, Denmark, Germany and France to be crowned Motocross 85cc Master Kids 2014 champion.
The Verulam School student, 13, made the trip to Commercy in France for the prestigious event, which is a festival of racing held over three days.
Grimshaw raced the U14 85cc category, which saw 100 riders trying to qualify for the 40 grand final positions. He made light work of his qualifiers, coming first, second and first to book a spot in the Gold Final.
In an international field, Grimshaw got a great start, charging straight to the front. A fierce battle with Denmark’s Bastian Boegh ensued on the opening laps but Brit pulled away and opened up a good advantage on the rest of the field which he maintained until the chequered flag.
Grimshaw’s achievement saw Team GB finish second overall to France in the team contest. He now hopes to carry this confidence to the remaining international events across Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Grimshaw is sponsored by Herts Bi Fold Doors, Outdoor Kit, Conker Nations, Nuffield Health, Browning Joinery and NB Construction.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents