Greg Ngoyi signs one-year deal
- Credit: Archant
GREG Ngoyi has put pen to paper and signed a one-year deal with the Saints.
The striker was City’s top scorer last year, netting 15 times in 21 games, and should form a formidable partnership with new signing John Frendo when the season starts on August 17.
Ngoyi is not the only player joint managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds have secured. Mark Nwokeji and Ryan Ashe have impressed during pre-season and have been rewarded with deals by City.
Law graduate Nwokeji was a 200m champion prior to turning to football and his previous clubs include, Staines Town, Dagenham and Redbridge, AFC Wimbledon and Havant and Waterlooville.
Ashe is returning to football following a period out of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Golds said: “Jimmy and I are delighted these lads have committed to us, the games come thick fast early on and we need a strong squad with options in midfield and the forward line to allow us to play different formations.
“We already know how dangerous Greg can be in front of goal. Mark and Ryan have shown up well in training and the warm-up games so far to earn their places in the squad.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
In other news, Ben Martin, who signed to City from Welling, has been made club captain. His namesake Simon Martin has decided to leave the club, and is expected to join SSML Premier Division neighbours Colney Heath.