Greg Ngoyi signs one-year deal
- Credit: Archant
GREG Ngoyi has put pen to paper and signed a one-year deal with the Saints.
The striker was City’s top scorer last year, netting 15 times in 21 games, and should form a formidable partnership with new signing John Frendo when the season starts on August 17.
Ngoyi is not the only player joint managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds have secured. Mark Nwokeji and Ryan Ashe have impressed during pre-season and have been rewarded with deals by City.
Law graduate Nwokeji was a 200m champion prior to turning to football and his previous clubs include, Staines Town, Dagenham and Redbridge, AFC Wimbledon and Havant and Waterlooville.
Ashe is returning to football following a period out of the game.
Golds said: “Jimmy and I are delighted these lads have committed to us, the games come thick fast early on and we need a strong squad with options in midfield and the forward line to allow us to play different formations.
“We already know how dangerous Greg can be in front of goal. Mark and Ryan have shown up well in training and the warm-up games so far to earn their places in the squad.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 9 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 10 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
In other news, Ben Martin, who signed to City from Welling, has been made club captain. His namesake Simon Martin has decided to leave the club, and is expected to join SSML Premier Division neighbours Colney Heath.