Greenwood Park openers continue amazing form
Division Nine Greenwood Park 78-0 Bushey II Rain GREENWOOD Park hosted Bushey II on yet another drizzly Saturday with both teams chasing league points to boost their prospects in Division Nine. The hosts were hoping to continue their recent resurgence
Greenwood Park 78-0 Bushey II Rain
GREENWOOD Park hosted Bushey II on yet another drizzly Saturday with both teams chasing league points to boost their prospects in Division Nine.
The hosts were hoping to continue their recent resurgence and ease any relegation concerns while Bushey arrived with the aim of enhancing their promotion prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Bushey won the toss and took the strategic initiative by putting Park in to bat first. Once again Park turned to skipper Mel Baker and John Eyre to start the innings and through the early intermittent showers, they set off at five-an-over.
Bushey were bowling well despite the wet ball and made several tactical bowling changes, attempting to upset the rhythm of Park's openers, but runs continued to flow easily, the score passing 50 in the 12th over.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
With the drizzle becoming more consistent, the game continued in the same pattern for a further seven overs but by now it was becoming too slippery to continue and play was interrupted.
Baker and Eyre had reached 78, and remained unbeaten for the third consecutive week with an accumulated partnership of 282. With no improvement in the weather, the game was abandoned with 10 points going to each team - not what either needed but the same as all the others with all the rest of the Division Nine games being cancelled.
Park travel to bottom of the table Weston next week end, hoping for weather more suitable for cricket.