Greenwood Park look ahead
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club s AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain. Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club's AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain.
Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season in charge and looking to improve the results on the field next year.
Chairman Richard Lake presented a rosy picture of the club off the pitch, which is financially stable and has developed firm links with Chiswell Green businesses, particularly Collinsons.
However, on the pitch the season was a story of some great performances with some mixed results as the club faces another season in Saracens Herts Division Nine.
A lively debate showed the fire within the club to improve results, and a strong push for promotion is the aim for 2010.
The evening finished with the presentation of the Player of the Year award to Ryan Atkins, who also won the bowling trophy and Rod Smith picked up both the fielding and batting awards.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
Greenwood Park have begun net sessions at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and are looking for new players to bolster numbers in order to maintain a promotion push.
New players do not pay a subscription fee for their first year so come along to nets or contact the club at email@example.com or visit the website http://greenwoodpark.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp