Greenwood Park look ahead
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club s AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain. Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club's AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain.
Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season in charge and looking to improve the results on the field next year.
Chairman Richard Lake presented a rosy picture of the club off the pitch, which is financially stable and has developed firm links with Chiswell Green businesses, particularly Collinsons.
However, on the pitch the season was a story of some great performances with some mixed results as the club faces another season in Saracens Herts Division Nine.
You may also want to watch:
A lively debate showed the fire within the club to improve results, and a strong push for promotion is the aim for 2010.
The evening finished with the presentation of the Player of the Year award to Ryan Atkins, who also won the bowling trophy and Rod Smith picked up both the fielding and batting awards.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Greenwood Park have begun net sessions at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and are looking for new players to bolster numbers in order to maintain a promotion push.
New players do not pay a subscription fee for their first year so come along to nets or contact the club at email@example.com or visit the website http://greenwoodpark.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp