Greenwood Park look ahead
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club s AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain. Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season
GREENWOOD Park Cricket Club's AGM was held recently and there was mass re-election of the committee with Sam Nash and Troy Petchey eager to continue in their roles as Saturday and Sunday captain.
Both captains were enthusiastic during their first season in charge and looking to improve the results on the field next year.
Chairman Richard Lake presented a rosy picture of the club off the pitch, which is financially stable and has developed firm links with Chiswell Green businesses, particularly Collinsons.
However, on the pitch the season was a story of some great performances with some mixed results as the club faces another season in Saracens Herts Division Nine.
You may also want to watch:
A lively debate showed the fire within the club to improve results, and a strong push for promotion is the aim for 2010.
The evening finished with the presentation of the Player of the Year award to Ryan Atkins, who also won the bowling trophy and Rod Smith picked up both the fielding and batting awards.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Greenwood Park have begun net sessions at the Hertfordshire Sports Village and are looking for new players to bolster numbers in order to maintain a promotion push.
New players do not pay a subscription fee for their first year so come along to nets or contact the club at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website http://greenwoodpark.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp