Greenwood Park have eyes on even more growth after championship-winning season
- Credit: Archant
Greenwood Park captain Chris Kent is not ruling out yet another promotion after their title-winning season in 2018.
Park will play in Division Seven A this season and with the majority of the squad still together, the skipper is quietly confident about their chances.
He said: “As a newly promoted team following back to back promotions, we will be looking to first secure our place in the new division before seeing where we are for the second half of the season and if there is a chance to push for promotion.
“We have also added a couple of names and our bowling unit as a collective is very impressive.”
Kent says that like most clubs, they are no strangers to the dwindling availability of players and are constantly looking to add to the squad “especially now that we have a Sunday league side too”.
You may also want to watch:
They are planning to run open days that are available to everyone and those interested should visit www.greenwoodparkcc.com
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans