Greenwood Park and Skew Bridge clinch league titles

Division Five champions Greenwood Park. Back row (l. to r.): Stuart Dempsey, Joe Oakins, Tim Gould,

Division Five champions Greenwood Park. Back row (l. to r.): Stuart Dempsey, Joe Oakins, Tim Gould, Michael Kwok, Carl Webb, Morgan Krogh, Matt Hedges, Nick Fanshaw. Front: Troy Petchey, Ben White, Greg Brozicevic-Hester (manager), Joe Smyth, Matt Thorn, Matt West - Credit: Archant

GREENWOOD Park rounded off their league-winning season with a 6-2 win over Bricket Wood.

Troy Petchey heads over the bar

Troy Petchey heads over the bar - Credit: Archant

Greenwood manager Greg Brozicevic-Hester gave himself a rare start and played several players in different positions including Morgan Krogh - the regular goalkeeper put in a man of the match performance at centre-back alongside Matt Hedges and club stalwart Tim Gould.

Greenwood started the game well but it was Bricket Wood who opened the scoring first.

The lead was short-lived, though, as Brozicevic-Hester headed in a Nick Fanshaw cross to draw the teams level.

The lead should have been doubled just after half time but Brozicevic-Hester headed over from close range but he atoned minutes later by scoring his second.

Michael Kwok extended Greenwoods lead from 18 yards out but Bricket Wood soon hit back to reduce the deficit to 3-2.

The game was put beyond Bricket Wood when Brozicevic-Hester completed his hat-trick.

Most Read

Greenwood continued to create chances and Joe Oakins deservedly got on the scoresheet, latching on to a through ball from Kwok and chipping the on-rushing keeper.

Joe Smyth rounded off the day with a fine finish to make it 6-2 and score Greenwood’s 90th league goal of the season.

Thai Rickford and Jon Brown scored for Bricket Wood.

Herts Athletic ended their first season in the league with a 3-3 draw against Phoenix A. Chris Wilding (two) and Sam Lyon scored.

Premier Division

Skew Bridge got revenge for losing the Challenge Cup final to AFC Rangers by beating the same opponent 6-2 in the league.

David Keenleyside opened the scoring for Bridge and Ben Warren added an unstoppable second.

Warren and Steve Hawes added a third and fourth either side of Rangers’ first goal.

Skew dominated from the restart and Davis Hay netted his first of the season.

The football and composure showed by Andy Saul, man of the match Hawes, Dan Bathurst and Joe Inman was in total contrast to the week before and it was no surprise when Warren completed his hat trick from close range before a Keenleyside volley finished the scoring as he rifled Ed Frost’s cross into the bottom corner

Division One

Six Bells and Harpenden Arms shared the spoils in a doubled-header, both sides winning one game.

In the first game Six Bells triumphed 2-1 with a brace from James Pegrum.

They could not replicate the performance in the second game as Arms ran out 2-0 winners.

Division Two

Church End came out on top in a 10-goal thriller against Insurance Store.

Shaun Hoyte gave Church End an early lead and James Crane and a Tom Blackman double extended the advantage.

Insurance hit back pulling the game level at 4-4 before Blackman completed his hat-trick and Nicky Hanly finished the scoring.

Division Three

Precision struggled to overcome a determined Wheathampstead side who played for 45 minutes with 10 men before running out 2-0 winners.

The only good to come out of the game was Adam Fowler’s first goal for The Seeds.

Dean Thompson cooly slotted home a penalty in the second half after Chris Seeby was fouled.

A win next week for the Seeds against IFC will see them win the Division Three title.

Old Albanian recorded their biggest win of the season, beating Radlett Village 9-2

Star man Adam Phillips scored his second hat-trick of the season.

Other goals came from Mark Stitchbury (two), Warren Clayton, Robert Carragher, Francis Carr and Andris Apsa. Radlett’s goals were scored by Tom Blake and Jamie Holden.

Nicholas Breakspear OB Res picked up six points with a double-header win against White Horse.

The goals came from Tom Gajjar (four), Paul Doonan (four), Kurtis Pattison (two), Phil Newberry and Johnnie Brown with Cole Penny picking up the man of the match award.

Division Four

Dukes defeated Marquis of Granby 2 -1.

Dukes went ahead through Andrus Burgos within 10 minutes of the start. Marquis soon equalized following poor communication in Dukes’ defence.

In the second half, substitute Nathan Connolly scored with his first touch put the game beyond Marquis.

St Albans Royals secured second place ahead of Marshalswick Rovers by beating them 2-1.

Rovers had the best chances in the first half but keeper Nick Binks saved.

After the interval Royals went two goals up through Matt Brand and Rob Marven, and despite Rovers pulling one back St Albans held on for the win.

Hold the Front Page

Blacksmiths Arms overwhelmed eight-man Wheathampstead Res 12-0 with Dean Skipsey grabbing a hat-trick.

Man of the match Oli Franks hit a brace with other goals coming from Jamie Sharp (two), Luke Nathan, Luke Lovell, Dan Grosch, Jason Blyth and Ali Juhel.

Hold the Back Page

Two goals from Ashley Clifford and a man of the match performance from Christian Willcox couldn’t save Athletico Quat from falling to a 3-2 defeat against Camp KBK.