Greenwood hand out a Hyde-ing
Greenwood Park picked up their first win of the season by beating Hatfield Hyde 2s by seven wickets.
Ryan Aktins took three wickets at the top of the order and leg-spinner Mubarek Zeb (4-20) provided an effective change of pace as Hatfield were bowled out for 84 in 36 overs.
Captain Sam Nash (21) and James Otter (32) started aggressively despite having time on their side. They put on 53 runs before Nash was dismissed.
Otter and Zeb (15) pressed on after tea and picked up the runs needed to see Park home by seven wickets.
On Saturday, Park travel to local rivals Sandridge in Saracens Herts Division 9A.
• The club is on the lookout for players for its Saturday and Sunday teams. For information, email email@example.com.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead