Greenwood hand out a Hyde-ing
Greenwood Park picked up their first win of the season by beating Hatfield Hyde 2s by seven wickets.
Ryan Aktins took three wickets at the top of the order and leg-spinner Mubarek Zeb (4-20) provided an effective change of pace as Hatfield were bowled out for 84 in 36 overs.
Captain Sam Nash (21) and James Otter (32) started aggressively despite having time on their side. They put on 53 runs before Nash was dismissed.
Otter and Zeb (15) pressed on after tea and picked up the runs needed to see Park home by seven wickets.
On Saturday, Park travel to local rivals Sandridge in Saracens Herts Division 9A.
You may also want to watch:
• The club is on the lookout for players for its Saturday and Sunday teams. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works