Greenwood fall short in tight encounter
Park lose out to Division Nine high-fliers
SHL Division Nine
Greenwood Park 219-7
Old Camdenians II 220-8
Old Camdenians II won by two wickets
You may also want to watch:
GREENWOOD Park travelled to Old Camdenians where upon losing the toss were put in to bat on a firm wicket.
Park openers Baker and Gloudemans got off to a terrific start and had soon brought up the 50 partnership. Gloudemans continued strongly reaching 61 and was well supported by Nash and Kent who both amassed 37. A cameo of 20 from Ed Gray in the dying overs prduced a late flurry of runs. This left Park having to defend a total of 219.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The start that Old Cams made was blistering, rattling along at eight-an-over until the opening bowler Calder struck. Old Cams were looking set to reach the finish line with ease as the opening batsmen passed 100. Calder returned to the attack, however, to remove the main run scorer with help from a great catch from Otter. Some tight bowling from that point on would see the run rate steadily decline to the point where Park were back in the match. The bowlers were rotated with Shetty, Ahmed and Lee all picking up wickets. This left the home side needing 18 to win with two wickets remaining but unfortunately for Park the victory target was reached with a few overs to spare.