Green impresses since returning from loan
- Credit: Archant
Danny Green has received high praise from St Albans City joint manager James Gray since returning to the club from a loan spell.
Green joined the Saints in the summer from SSML Division One side Harpenden Town, three leagues below the Southern Premier League, but struggled early on with the step up.
Sitting behind Howard Hall and Ryan Wharton as third choice right back, the club sent him out on loan to Potters Bar for two months.
Since his return he has impressed his managers as a full back and a central midfielder.
After the 3-0 win at Cambridge, in which Green played in the centre of midfield, Gray said: “He came from a lower side and he struggled at Poole against one of the top wingers in the league.
“We sat him down and said he needed games so he spent two months a Potters Bar.”
Green returned for City’s fourth qualifying round FA Cup win against Chatham Town and was “superb” and has since been “a rock” for the club, according to Gray.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
“Danny can play right back and centre midfield; to have someone like that can only be good for us,” he said.
“We may try him up front to see if he’s got any goals in him.”