Green impresses since returning from loan
- Credit: Archant
Danny Green has received high praise from St Albans City joint manager James Gray since returning to the club from a loan spell.
Green joined the Saints in the summer from SSML Division One side Harpenden Town, three leagues below the Southern Premier League, but struggled early on with the step up.
Sitting behind Howard Hall and Ryan Wharton as third choice right back, the club sent him out on loan to Potters Bar for two months.
Since his return he has impressed his managers as a full back and a central midfielder.
After the 3-0 win at Cambridge, in which Green played in the centre of midfield, Gray said: “He came from a lower side and he struggled at Poole against one of the top wingers in the league.
“We sat him down and said he needed games so he spent two months a Potters Bar.”
Green returned for City’s fourth qualifying round FA Cup win against Chatham Town and was “superb” and has since been “a rock” for the club, according to Gray.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 6 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 7 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
“Danny can play right back and centre midfield; to have someone like that can only be good for us,” he said.
“We may try him up front to see if he’s got any goals in him.”