Green impresses since returning from loan
- Credit: Archant
Danny Green has received high praise from St Albans City joint manager James Gray since returning to the club from a loan spell.
Green joined the Saints in the summer from SSML Division One side Harpenden Town, three leagues below the Southern Premier League, but struggled early on with the step up.
Sitting behind Howard Hall and Ryan Wharton as third choice right back, the club sent him out on loan to Potters Bar for two months.
Since his return he has impressed his managers as a full back and a central midfielder.
After the 3-0 win at Cambridge, in which Green played in the centre of midfield, Gray said: “He came from a lower side and he struggled at Poole against one of the top wingers in the league.
You may also want to watch:
“We sat him down and said he needed games so he spent two months a Potters Bar.”
Green returned for City’s fourth qualifying round FA Cup win against Chatham Town and was “superb” and has since been “a rock” for the club, according to Gray.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
“Danny can play right back and centre midfield; to have someone like that can only be good for us,” he said.
“We may try him up front to see if he’s got any goals in him.”