Green impresses since returning from loan
- Credit: Archant
Danny Green has received high praise from St Albans City joint manager James Gray since returning to the club from a loan spell.
Green joined the Saints in the summer from SSML Division One side Harpenden Town, three leagues below the Southern Premier League, but struggled early on with the step up.
Sitting behind Howard Hall and Ryan Wharton as third choice right back, the club sent him out on loan to Potters Bar for two months.
Since his return he has impressed his managers as a full back and a central midfielder.
After the 3-0 win at Cambridge, in which Green played in the centre of midfield, Gray said: “He came from a lower side and he struggled at Poole against one of the top wingers in the league.
You may also want to watch:
“We sat him down and said he needed games so he spent two months a Potters Bar.”
Green returned for City’s fourth qualifying round FA Cup win against Chatham Town and was “superb” and has since been “a rock” for the club, according to Gray.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
“Danny can play right back and centre midfield; to have someone like that can only be good for us,” he said.
“We may try him up front to see if he’s got any goals in him.”