Great start for new kids on the cycling block GPN Builders-RockandRoad Bikes
- Credit: Archant
The newest cycling racing team on the block got off to a great start in their first races.
The St Albans-based GPN Builders-Rockandroad Bikes Race Team were in three different locations.
The best result came at Hillingdon and after a very attacking race new signing Sean Meager took third place ahead of team-mate Clay Davies in sixth.
Michael Parry was also sixth at Hog Hill, where he was the sole GPN-R&R representative while across in Abingdon, Adam Strudwick took ninth.
Tyler Six also managed 10th in an U10 race.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager Marcel Six said: “Although none of us are in top form we showed we are already competitive and that looks promising for the season ahead.
“There are only three weeks to our international debut in Spain so this is a very good confidence booster.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
“It was fantastic to see the two new signings at the front fitting in so well. I couldn’t have asked for more.”