Great medal haul for Verulam
VERULAM took a team of 36 swimmers to the Stevenage Open Meet on Sunday and came away with a clutch of trophies and medals from the senior squad right down to the junior squad. The club s swimmers produced 59 PBs throughout the day with the cenior club ca
VERULAM took a team of 36 swimmers to the Stevenage Open Meet on Sunday and came away with a clutch of trophies and medals from the senior squad right down to the junior squad.
The club's swimmers produced 59 PBs throughout the day with the cenior club captain Stuart Webb first in the 100m fly and second in the 200m individual medley (IM).
James Devine came third in the 200m fly and Vicky Healey was first in both her events, the 100m breaststroke and freestyle. Lewis Childs finished third in the 100m backstroke picking up a PB in the process.
The club's junior squad showed they have some young high flyers coming up through the ranks with Stanley Tinkler picking up two first-placed finishes in the 100m fly and 200 IM, followed closely by Harry Parker who was first in the 100m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
Job Alexander and Luke Ashton came away with second and third-placed finishes on the day and not to be out done by the boys the girls proved themselves with Emily Muggleton and Rosie Shreeves picking up some trophies too.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans