Great day for St Albans pair Sophia Fullbrook and Greg Hurley in the Hertfordshire Schools Golf Tournament
- Credit: Archant
There was a double success for two pupils of St Albans’ schools.
Greg Hurley took the Rosebowl, the Hertfordshire Schools Golf Scratch Championship, while the girls’ title went to Sophia Fullbrook of St Albans School for Girls.
Hurley’s win at Hanbury Manor meant he retained the title he won in 2018.
Fullbrook though was the star of the day, taking not only the sratch title for all ages but also the U16 crown.
The 13-year-old, who represents Redbourn Golf Club and can also be found practicing hard at Brocket Hall, said: “I am very proud to be the Hertfordshire champion at both U16 and scratch.
You may also want to watch:
“I won the Herts girls’ county title last year and feel very proud to now hold both county titles.”
Fullbrook’s club-mates from Redbourn, Jack Bigham and Fleur Butler-Wright, both took second in the U16 competition.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Bigham represented Roundwood while Butler-Wright goes to Sir John Lawes.