Great day for St Albans pair Sophia Fullbrook and Greg Hurley in the Hertfordshire Schools Golf Tournament
- Credit: Archant
There was a double success for two pupils of St Albans’ schools.
Greg Hurley took the Rosebowl, the Hertfordshire Schools Golf Scratch Championship, while the girls’ title went to Sophia Fullbrook of St Albans School for Girls.
Hurley’s win at Hanbury Manor meant he retained the title he won in 2018.
Fullbrook though was the star of the day, taking not only the sratch title for all ages but also the U16 crown.
The 13-year-old, who represents Redbourn Golf Club and can also be found practicing hard at Brocket Hall, said: “I am very proud to be the Hertfordshire champion at both U16 and scratch.
You may also want to watch:
“I won the Herts girls’ county title last year and feel very proud to now hold both county titles.”
Fullbrook’s club-mates from Redbourn, Jack Bigham and Fleur Butler-Wright, both took second in the U16 competition.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Bigham represented Roundwood while Butler-Wright goes to Sir John Lawes.