Gray ‘well pleased’ to sign Lampe
- Credit: Archant
Two more signings expected before the end of the week
Versatile defender Jack Lampe has become St Albans City’s first new signing of the summer, and two more are expected before the end of the week.
The Saints return to training tomorrow tonight following a busy summer for the club, which has seen the re-signings of the majority of last season’s squad.
Lampe, formerly of Concord Rangers, is the first new face at Clarence Park and, after ‘keeping tabs’ on him for the past year, joint managers James Gray is chuffed to have sorted out a deal.
“I was really impressed with him when we played Concord in the FA Cup at our place,” explained Gray.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a versatile defender who can play anywhere along the back four. He predominately wants to play centre-half.
“We’re going to have a small squad this season so he’ll fit in nicely with his versatility. He’s strong, young, hungry and has good pedigree.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
“We’re well pleased to get him.”
Gray revealed the club is hopeful of signing a midfielder and a centre-forward before the weekend. City will also kick the tyres on a handful of trialists, including former front man Greg Ngoyi, during pre-season.
“We want to hit the ground running,” said Gray.
“With the signings we’ve made and trialists we’ve invited down, we’re looking good for pre-season.”