Gray wants promotion for “outstanding” player of the year, Lee Chappell
- Credit: Archant
Lee Chappell picked up the top award as St Albans City held its annual presentation on Monday.
Following the 1-0 win over Biggleswade Town at Clarence Park, the former Wealdstone left-back was awarded the supporters’ player of the year. Paul Martin of Harpenden Construction presented the trophy to Chappell.
Joint manager James Gray said: “He’s had a consistent season. You look through the squad and the amount of games he’s played, you don’t need another left back because he’ll play every game, get up up and down and he’s got great energy.
“He’s scored a few but his consistency levels have been outstanding; it’s why I worked so hard to get him. Hopefully I can repay him with a promotion because it was not easy for him to leave Wealdstone, who have been promoted.
“He has a hunger to do well for St Albans and he’s appreciated in and out of the changing room. He’s ever present, wears his heart on his sleeve so I’m pleased for him.
You may also want to watch:
Ram Marwa was chosen as players’ player of the year while John Frendo picked up the goal of the season trophy for his spectacular volley against Billericay Town.
The Wagstaffe Simmons award was presented to club volunteer John Jones by the club’s joint owner Lawrence Levy.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets