Gray unsure how long Kyriacou and Green will be out
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will have to wait for scans to reveal how long John Kyriacou and Danny Green will be on the sidelines.
Kyriacou has missed the last three games with a knee injury while Green pulled his hamstring on the 30-minute mark of the Saints’ loss to Boreham Wood. Both are expected to miss a significant amount of time.
“JK could be out for any length of time. We won’t know until we get his scan,” said joint manager James Gray.
“Danny will be out for a while, too. We’ll try to get him in for a scan. He heard something go so it seems like it might be a tear. What grade it is we don’t know but he’s out for the foreseeable future.”
The injuries leave St Albans thin at right-back, with Howard Hall as the only recognised player. Northampton Town’s Connor Roberts, who has been on loan at Biggleswade Town this season, could be a option. The 18-year-old looked good in Tuesday’s win over Hadley, especially in the second half when he was given the freedom to get forward.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s shown up well. He looks a little lightweight, maybe too light to start in the Conference South but at 18, if we can get his signature then he’s another one for the future,” said Gray.
“His second half display was good. He’s got a lot to learn but I was impressed with him.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly