Gray unsure how long Kyriacou and Green will be out
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will have to wait for scans to reveal how long John Kyriacou and Danny Green will be on the sidelines.
Kyriacou has missed the last three games with a knee injury while Green pulled his hamstring on the 30-minute mark of the Saints’ loss to Boreham Wood. Both are expected to miss a significant amount of time.
“JK could be out for any length of time. We won’t know until we get his scan,” said joint manager James Gray.
“Danny will be out for a while, too. We’ll try to get him in for a scan. He heard something go so it seems like it might be a tear. What grade it is we don’t know but he’s out for the foreseeable future.”
The injuries leave St Albans thin at right-back, with Howard Hall as the only recognised player. Northampton Town’s Connor Roberts, who has been on loan at Biggleswade Town this season, could be a option. The 18-year-old looked good in Tuesday’s win over Hadley, especially in the second half when he was given the freedom to get forward.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s shown up well. He looks a little lightweight, maybe too light to start in the Conference South but at 18, if we can get his signature then he’s another one for the future,” said Gray.
“His second half display was good. He’s got a lot to learn but I was impressed with him.”
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works