Gray praises City debutants
- Credit: Archant
New signings Kerrea Gilbert and Connor Calcutt could be in contention for starting spots on Saturday after impressive debuts against AFC Totton at Clarence Park on Monday.
St Albans City announced the signing of Gilbert, a former Arsenal and Leicester City player, and Calcutt, on dual registration with Berkhamsted, on Friday but neither cracked the starting line-up in Saturday’s draw with Chippenham.
Both were handed full debuts against the Stags with Gilbert adding a goal and Calcutt impressing with his link up play.
After the game, joint manager James Gray said: “Kerrea never stopped for us, he kept getting forward and I thought he did really well. He was a good outlet for us, showed good pace and scored a goal so fair play to him.
“I though Connor put a good shift in. He looks like he’ll cause problems for defenders as he’s a willing runner and he’s big and strong so hopefully we can get the best out of him.”
You may also want to watch:
City entertain St Neots at Clarence Park on Saturday (3pm kick-off) and Gray admitted both could get a second start.
“Connor has played a lot of football this season and scored a lot of goals for Berkhamsted so he’s ready to go. We’ll assess Kerrea and see how he’s reacted to tonight but he’s a fit lad so he should be fine.”
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
He added: “It more competition for places. We need to push these players to the limit because I don’t want anyone thinking it’s their shirt and their shirt alone.
“It’s another couple of players to bolster and strengthen the squad and I was really pleased with the pair of them.”