Gray hopeful Keenleyside will commit to Saints
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray is hopeful that David Keenleyside will commit to the club for the 2014/15 season.
The 23-year-old is yet to sign a deal.
Keenleyside made 10 starts and 17 appearances from the bench in a six-goal campaign last season. He looked set to cement a place in the first-team squad last year before a three-month injury lay-off derailed his season.
He came back in January but struggled to earn a regular spot and ended the season on loan at SSML Division One side Harpenden Town.
“He had a lot going on personally last year so he didn’t give himself the best opportunity,” said Gray.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a player I really like; he’s got all the ability in the world. It’s about harnessing it and getting it out in games because he’s unplayable in training.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25