Gray hopeful Keenleyside will commit to Saints
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray is hopeful that David Keenleyside will commit to the club for the 2014/15 season.
The 23-year-old is yet to sign a deal.
Keenleyside made 10 starts and 17 appearances from the bench in a six-goal campaign last season. He looked set to cement a place in the first-team squad last year before a three-month injury lay-off derailed his season.
He came back in January but struggled to earn a regular spot and ended the season on loan at SSML Division One side Harpenden Town.
“He had a lot going on personally last year so he didn’t give himself the best opportunity,” said Gray.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a player I really like; he’s got all the ability in the world. It’s about harnessing it and getting it out in games because he’s unplayable in training.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall