Gray hopeful Keenleyside will commit to Saints
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray is hopeful that David Keenleyside will commit to the club for the 2014/15 season.
The 23-year-old is yet to sign a deal.
Keenleyside made 10 starts and 17 appearances from the bench in a six-goal campaign last season. He looked set to cement a place in the first-team squad last year before a three-month injury lay-off derailed his season.
He came back in January but struggled to earn a regular spot and ended the season on loan at SSML Division One side Harpenden Town.
“He had a lot going on personally last year so he didn’t give himself the best opportunity,” said Gray.
“He’s a player I really like; he’s got all the ability in the world. It’s about harnessing it and getting it out in games because he’s unplayable in training.”
- 1 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone