Gray high on Lowe after “best game” for City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray had special praise for Jamal Lowe after he delivered his best performance since joining City on a three-month loan from Barnet.
The 19-year-old threatened the Frome Town defence from the first whistle at Clarence Park on Saturday and opened the scoring in the 29th minute after he beat the defence to Howard Hall’s low cross.
Lowe also set up David Keenleyside for City’s second goal with a sublime cross-field ball that stretched Frome’s back four.
And just to cap off an impressive display, he surged into the box from the right wing before allowing John Frendo to take over and place the ball into the net to secure the 4-0 win.
By the time he was substituted in the 68th minute he richly deserved the applause he received..
You may also want to watch:
“Jamal justified his selection. He was a natural outlet for us, he has great feet, great technique and scored a goal. It was his best game for us,” said Gray.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 9 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead