Gray high on Lowe after “best game” for City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray had special praise for Jamal Lowe after he delivered his best performance since joining City on a three-month loan from Barnet.
The 19-year-old threatened the Frome Town defence from the first whistle at Clarence Park on Saturday and opened the scoring in the 29th minute after he beat the defence to Howard Hall’s low cross.
Lowe also set up David Keenleyside for City’s second goal with a sublime cross-field ball that stretched Frome’s back four.
And just to cap off an impressive display, he surged into the box from the right wing before allowing John Frendo to take over and place the ball into the net to secure the 4-0 win.
By the time he was substituted in the 68th minute he richly deserved the applause he received..
You may also want to watch:
“Jamal justified his selection. He was a natural outlet for us, he has great feet, great technique and scored a goal. It was his best game for us,” said Gray.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe