Gray has new targets on his radar
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray is looking to strengthen his squad by dipping into the transfer market.
The Saints have started the season with three wins out of six games but back-to-back losses, and an inept performance in Saturday’s 4-2 defeat to Sutton United, has Gray ready to explore new options.
“There are a few targets on my radar and I will be having a few conversations this week,” he said.
“I’m not going to sit around for things to develop and get four, five or six defeats on the trot. There are a few things I want to change and will be looking to change it.
“It’s not easy at this level because of budgets but if we can strengthen then we’ll strength but it not then I’m sure that what we have got in the squad can rectify this little slump we’re in.”
You may also want to watch:
City’s squad has been bolstered by the return from loan of Elliot Bailey and James Kaloczi returns from a month spell at Wingate and Finchley this Saturday.
The Ryman Premier side had tried to keep Kaloczi but Gray wants him back.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
“I’ve seen him a couple of times and he’s done well. I’ve also had reports from the manager, who awaits to keep him, but we need him back,” he said.
“We need to have a look at him and see if he can bring strength and stability to us. He’ll be in contention for the Bromley game on Monday.”
On Bailey he added: “Berkhamsted have had a good start to the season and the manager didn’t want to play him in his position; he was playing in midfield and it doesn’t suit him.
“We’ll get him involved with the reserves and Capital League sides and look at another avenue for him.”