Gray expects imminent deal for Jack Green
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss less certain about Jamal Lowe’s future at the club
Jack Green is expected to pen a deal with St Albans City in the coming weeks.
The 17-year-old was a revelation last season, coming off the bench against Gosport Borough and staring in a shock 2-1 win for the Saints.
His performances only got better and by the end of the season he was an integral part of the midfield and scored the winning goal against Ebbsfleet United at Clarence Park.
Unsurprisingly, the managers, James Gray and Graham Golds, made him one of the summer’s top priorities and they look set to get Green to join his brother Danny at the club for the 2015/16 campaign.
“We’re waiting to get a contract signed that’s best for him and his parents,” said Gray. “It’s difficult to get around everyone in a short space of time but we’re hopeful of getting [Jack signed] soon.”
Gray is less certain about the future of Jamal Lowe. The former Barnet speedster has been offered a contract but is currently weighing up his options.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
“We’re waiting on Jamal while he’s speaking to a couple of other clubs,” said Gray.
“We offer players what we think they’re worth. Obviously other teams will pay more but they can’t offer the chance to play for St Albans City, which is a big club and a great club.
“He’s milling it over and hopefully we’ll have a decision by the weekend.”
Lowe scored one goal in 14 games after joining the Saints in January following his release from Barnet.