Gray expects imminent deal for Jack Green
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss less certain about Jamal Lowe’s future at the club
Jack Green is expected to pen a deal with St Albans City in the coming weeks.
The 17-year-old was a revelation last season, coming off the bench against Gosport Borough and staring in a shock 2-1 win for the Saints.
His performances only got better and by the end of the season he was an integral part of the midfield and scored the winning goal against Ebbsfleet United at Clarence Park.
Unsurprisingly, the managers, James Gray and Graham Golds, made him one of the summer’s top priorities and they look set to get Green to join his brother Danny at the club for the 2015/16 campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re waiting to get a contract signed that’s best for him and his parents,” said Gray. “It’s difficult to get around everyone in a short space of time but we’re hopeful of getting [Jack signed] soon.”
Gray is less certain about the future of Jamal Lowe. The former Barnet speedster has been offered a contract but is currently weighing up his options.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
“We’re waiting on Jamal while he’s speaking to a couple of other clubs,” said Gray.
“We offer players what we think they’re worth. Obviously other teams will pay more but they can’t offer the chance to play for St Albans City, which is a big club and a great club.
“He’s milling it over and hopefully we’ll have a decision by the weekend.”
Lowe scored one goal in 14 games after joining the Saints in January following his release from Barnet.