Gray expects imminent deal for Jack Green
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss less certain about Jamal Lowe’s future at the club
Jack Green is expected to pen a deal with St Albans City in the coming weeks.
The 17-year-old was a revelation last season, coming off the bench against Gosport Borough and staring in a shock 2-1 win for the Saints.
His performances only got better and by the end of the season he was an integral part of the midfield and scored the winning goal against Ebbsfleet United at Clarence Park.
Unsurprisingly, the managers, James Gray and Graham Golds, made him one of the summer’s top priorities and they look set to get Green to join his brother Danny at the club for the 2015/16 campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re waiting to get a contract signed that’s best for him and his parents,” said Gray. “It’s difficult to get around everyone in a short space of time but we’re hopeful of getting [Jack signed] soon.”
Gray is less certain about the future of Jamal Lowe. The former Barnet speedster has been offered a contract but is currently weighing up his options.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
“We’re waiting on Jamal while he’s speaking to a couple of other clubs,” said Gray.
“We offer players what we think they’re worth. Obviously other teams will pay more but they can’t offer the chance to play for St Albans City, which is a big club and a great club.
“He’s milling it over and hopefully we’ll have a decision by the weekend.”
Lowe scored one goal in 14 games after joining the Saints in January following his release from Barnet.