Gray dispells rumours around Nwokeji’s release
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray has dispelled rumours that Mark Nwokeji has been released from the club.
There were unconfirmed reports that Nwokeji had been released alongside Richard Graham but Gray today cleared up any confusion.
“I don’t know where the rumours have come from,” he told the Herts Ad.
“Mark remains at the club. He picked up a groin strain against Stourbridge in a game that I thought he played really well. If it hadn’t been for the injury then he would have had a run in the team.
“Unfortunately the injury could keep him out for three or four weeks but we have no plans to release him.”
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old, who joined City in the summer, has scored 15 times in 27 appearances this season.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space