Gray dispells rumours around Nwokeji’s release
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint manager James Gray has dispelled rumours that Mark Nwokeji has been released from the club.
There were unconfirmed reports that Nwokeji had been released alongside Richard Graham but Gray today cleared up any confusion.
“I don’t know where the rumours have come from,” he told the Herts Ad.
“Mark remains at the club. He picked up a groin strain against Stourbridge in a game that I thought he played really well. If it hadn’t been for the injury then he would have had a run in the team.
“Unfortunately the injury could keep him out for three or four weeks but we have no plans to release him.”
You may also want to watch:
The 26-year-old, who joined City in the summer, has scored 15 times in 27 appearances this season.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre