Gray backs Saints to finish the season strongly
- Credit: Archant
James Gray is confident his side can turn round his side’s recent poor form and finish the season on a high.
St Albans City have slipped to 14th in the Vanarama Conference South and are sliding closer towards the relegation zone than the play-offs, a position they were in for stages of the season.
Most managers would be forgiven for feeling disheartened for picking up just two points from their last seven games, as City have, but Gray fervently believes his young side will bounce back for the run-in.
“We have players that haven’t been out of their nappies very long at this level, we have come a long way.” said Gray.
“We are in a tough league against some big sides and there are aspects we need to improve but we will learn. At present we are a bit short in terms of players and next season we will to try to strengthen there but I still believe in the calibre of the squad and I am sure that we can finish the season well.”
You may also want to watch:
City are boosted by the returning Danny Green, with Charlie Gorman (back) and John Kyriacou (medial knee ligament) not far away but won’t be helped by Sam Corcoran picking up another booking.
“He is great on the ball but at the moment he is in the mould of tackling by Paul Scholes but he can improve,” said Gray.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly