Gray and Golds working hard to “freshen” up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint managers James Gray and Graham Golds are working behind the scenes to bring in new players.
In the last two weeks the Saints have been knocked out of the FA Cup and lost in the league to Bath City, their third loss in four Conference South games.
Speaking to Saintsnet after their 2-0 loss to Bath on Saturday, Gray said: “The squad needs a freshen up but it’s difficult to get the right player at the right price. Behind the scenes we’re working hard and if we can do something then we will.
“Graham and I are not going to turn a blind eye to these results and performances; we need a plan to make it better. I’m working my backside off to bring someone else – we need to keep the faith and kick on again.”
He added: “Some times things go for you and sometimes they don’t. Our job is to keep spirits high and working hard. If we can do something in the market then we will but if not, we’ve got this squad of players and we have to go and get as many points as possible.”
St Albans City have a “tough” run of league fixtures coming up, starting on Saturday with a visit from Whitehawk. Basingstoke follows on November 15 before three homes games, against Farnborough, Havant and Waterlooville and Bath.
“This league is unforgiving – we’re finding that out the hard way – so we have to regroup and go again,” said Gray.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 6 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
St Albans are at home this evening against Cheshunt in the Herts Senior Cup, kick-off 7.45pm.