Gray and Golds working hard to “freshen” up
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City joint managers James Gray and Graham Golds are working behind the scenes to bring in new players.
In the last two weeks the Saints have been knocked out of the FA Cup and lost in the league to Bath City, their third loss in four Conference South games.
Speaking to Saintsnet after their 2-0 loss to Bath on Saturday, Gray said: “The squad needs a freshen up but it’s difficult to get the right player at the right price. Behind the scenes we’re working hard and if we can do something then we will.
“Graham and I are not going to turn a blind eye to these results and performances; we need a plan to make it better. I’m working my backside off to bring someone else – we need to keep the faith and kick on again.”
He added: “Some times things go for you and sometimes they don’t. Our job is to keep spirits high and working hard. If we can do something in the market then we will but if not, we’ve got this squad of players and we have to go and get as many points as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
St Albans City have a “tough” run of league fixtures coming up, starting on Saturday with a visit from Whitehawk. Basingstoke follows on November 15 before three homes games, against Farnborough, Havant and Waterlooville and Bath.
“This league is unforgiving – we’re finding that out the hard way – so we have to regroup and go again,” said Gray.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 3 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
St Albans are at home this evening against Cheshunt in the Herts Senior Cup, kick-off 7.45pm.