Gray and Golds look set to add Bola
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City look set to add another centre-back to an already stacked position with the signing of Kayode Bola.
The 19-year-old has been with City for a few weeks but joint manager James Gray has seen enough to want him at the club.
“I think we will be signing him,” revealed Gray after Monday’s 1-1 draw with Stevenage.
“He understands the situation with our centre halves but he has all the attributes to be a great one: he’s got pace, he’s strong and he’s good in the air.”
The Saints currently have Tom Ward, Darren Locke and Ben Martin as the top three centre halves and James Kaloczi, who is going out on a one month loan to Wingate and Finchley, is behind them, leaving little room for another player to force a way into the side.
You may also want to watch:
But, that isn’t going to stop the club snapping up a young player with a lot of potential.
“He’s only 19 so he’ll be with the reserves and U21s side and, if needed, hopefully he’ll step in and do well [for the first-team],” explained Gray.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
“Players if his age and experience have to bide their time in that position. But, if they’re good enough they’ll play. The young lads will get their opportunity.”