Gray and Golds look set to add Bola
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City look set to add another centre-back to an already stacked position with the signing of Kayode Bola.
The 19-year-old has been with City for a few weeks but joint manager James Gray has seen enough to want him at the club.
“I think we will be signing him,” revealed Gray after Monday’s 1-1 draw with Stevenage.
“He understands the situation with our centre halves but he has all the attributes to be a great one: he’s got pace, he’s strong and he’s good in the air.”
The Saints currently have Tom Ward, Darren Locke and Ben Martin as the top three centre halves and James Kaloczi, who is going out on a one month loan to Wingate and Finchley, is behind them, leaving little room for another player to force a way into the side.
You may also want to watch:
But, that isn’t going to stop the club snapping up a young player with a lot of potential.
“He’s only 19 so he’ll be with the reserves and U21s side and, if needed, hopefully he’ll step in and do well [for the first-team],” explained Gray.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
“Players if his age and experience have to bide their time in that position. But, if they’re good enough they’ll play. The young lads will get their opportunity.”