Gray and Golds look set to add Bola
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City look set to add another centre-back to an already stacked position with the signing of Kayode Bola.
The 19-year-old has been with City for a few weeks but joint manager James Gray has seen enough to want him at the club.
“I think we will be signing him,” revealed Gray after Monday’s 1-1 draw with Stevenage.
“He understands the situation with our centre halves but he has all the attributes to be a great one: he’s got pace, he’s strong and he’s good in the air.”
The Saints currently have Tom Ward, Darren Locke and Ben Martin as the top three centre halves and James Kaloczi, who is going out on a one month loan to Wingate and Finchley, is behind them, leaving little room for another player to force a way into the side.
But, that isn’t going to stop the club snapping up a young player with a lot of potential.
“He’s only 19 so he’ll be with the reserves and U21s side and, if needed, hopefully he’ll step in and do well [for the first-team],” explained Gray.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 4 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 5 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 6 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 7 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 8 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 9 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 10 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
“Players if his age and experience have to bide their time in that position. But, if they’re good enough they’ll play. The young lads will get their opportunity.”