Gr-eight Harpenden leave Hadley lost in the wood
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town finally put together the type of performance they have been threatening for weeks – hitting Hadley Wood & Wingate for eight on Saturday.
The 8-0 victory over at Rothamsted Park saw Harry Hunt and Charlie Gould, partnering each other up front for the first time, both score hat tricks.
Tom Collin and Sam James got the others.
The win pulls Town up to 13th in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One after a winless start to the year.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “It was a good result, things are at last beginning to fall into place.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a slow start due to availability, so hopefully that is behind us and we can put a run together.”
Collin scored the first, knocking in the rebound after his initial header had hit the crossbar.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
Hunt also scored after a rebound and Gould tapped in a pull back for a 3-0 half-time lead.
James got the fourth, shooting across the keeper into the corner, before Hunt and Gould took over.
Gould got his second before Hunt joined him on two and it was Gould who was first to the hat-trick score.
They were brought down to earth however on Tuesday night with a 3-1 defeat to Sun Sports in the League Challenge Trophy.
Ben Warren got Town’s only goal.
They will hope to return to winning ways on Saturday when league leaders Risborough Rangers head to Rothamsted Park.