Goodwin wins national showjumping competition
Hertfordshire showjumper Kerrie Goodwin won the Dodson & Horrell 1.10cm National Amateur Second Rounds at Patchetts Equestrian Centre.
Goodwin, 22, from St Albans, on her own 18 year-old chestnut gelding, Roscoes Golani were victorious in the Dodson & Horrell 1.10cm National Amateur Second Round that was held at Patchetts Equestrian Centre in Watford, Hertfordshire on Sunday, September 7.
Sixteen competitors came forward for this Dodson & Horrell 1.10m National Amateur Second Round and the jump off was contested by seven of these combinations. Three double clears were produced overall.
Goodwin and Roscoes Golani took advantage of being drawn last to go in the jump off and did so in style by producing the quickest double clear of the class. Kerrie produced a quick but careful jump off round from her ride to stop the clock in 39.38 seconds.
Second place was awarded to 26 year-old Kate Lister from Halstead, Essex on her own eight-year-old black gelding Bono Du Rouet Z. This combination crossed the finish line in 48.14 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Third place went to 16-year-old Georgia Payne from Welwyn, Hertfordshire, riding her own 15-year-old bay gelding Carino II. An accurate double clear from this combination ensured a top three finish in a time of 49.10 seconds.
Another four riders also achieved their qualification for the Dodson & Horrell 1.10m National Amateur Championship Final.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'