Good start for Sandridge
Panting and John Murphy net five-wicket hauls in victory
Potters Bar III 106
Sandridge won by 60 runs
SANDRIDGE enjoyed a winning start to the new season with a comprehensive victory over Potters Bar III.
Asked to bat first Peter Camm and Kevin Murphy ensured a solid opening partnership and when Camm went for 17 Paul Rothery (31) came to the crease and the run rate increased.
Murphy was also finding the boundary on a regular basis but his dismissal for a fine 63 sparked a minor middle order collapse however some excellent late hitting from Kim Nguyen (40 not out) pushed Sandridge to 166 a decent total on a difficult track. Potters Bar’s response was soon in tatters due some fine new ball bowling from Rick Panting who took the first four Potters Bar wickets to fall with only 39 runs on the board. John Murphy was also now finding good lengths and with the support of his fielders in particular Ian Merryfield, who took two excellent catches, he picked up the next three wickets to fall.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Despite some late resistance Bar were dismissed for 106 with both Panting and Murphy claiming five wickets each.
Next Saturday Sandridge host Reed II.