Good start for Sandridge
Panting and John Murphy net five-wicket hauls in victory
Potters Bar III 106
Sandridge won by 60 runs
SANDRIDGE enjoyed a winning start to the new season with a comprehensive victory over Potters Bar III.
You may also want to watch:
Asked to bat first Peter Camm and Kevin Murphy ensured a solid opening partnership and when Camm went for 17 Paul Rothery (31) came to the crease and the run rate increased.
Murphy was also finding the boundary on a regular basis but his dismissal for a fine 63 sparked a minor middle order collapse however some excellent late hitting from Kim Nguyen (40 not out) pushed Sandridge to 166 a decent total on a difficult track. Potters Bar’s response was soon in tatters due some fine new ball bowling from Rick Panting who took the first four Potters Bar wickets to fall with only 39 runs on the board. John Murphy was also now finding good lengths and with the support of his fielders in particular Ian Merryfield, who took two excellent catches, he picked up the next three wickets to fall.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Despite some late resistance Bar were dismissed for 106 with both Panting and Murphy claiming five wickets each.
Next Saturday Sandridge host Reed II.