Good start for Sandridge
Panting and John Murphy net five-wicket hauls in victory
Potters Bar III 106
Sandridge won by 60 runs
SANDRIDGE enjoyed a winning start to the new season with a comprehensive victory over Potters Bar III.
Asked to bat first Peter Camm and Kevin Murphy ensured a solid opening partnership and when Camm went for 17 Paul Rothery (31) came to the crease and the run rate increased.
Murphy was also finding the boundary on a regular basis but his dismissal for a fine 63 sparked a minor middle order collapse however some excellent late hitting from Kim Nguyen (40 not out) pushed Sandridge to 166 a decent total on a difficult track. Potters Bar’s response was soon in tatters due some fine new ball bowling from Rick Panting who took the first four Potters Bar wickets to fall with only 39 runs on the board. John Murphy was also now finding good lengths and with the support of his fielders in particular Ian Merryfield, who took two excellent catches, he picked up the next three wickets to fall.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Despite some late resistance Bar were dismissed for 106 with both Panting and Murphy claiming five wickets each.
Next Saturday Sandridge host Reed II.