Good results in the hills for Verulam Cycling Club and Verulam Reallymoving Race Team
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Cycling Club and Verulam Reallymoving Race Team cyclists put in some good rides at the Hemel Hilly Time Trial.
The event was held over a challenging 22-mile route around the Dunstable Downs, which included an ascent of the fearsome Bison Hill up to Whipsnade Zoo.
Time trials are individual events where it is just you against the clock.
And in sunny, if slightly breezy conditions, the 17 riders from the club did themselves proud against a total field of 90.
The more notable performances put Oliver Mytton into sixth overall with team-mate Issy Zimmerman just behind in 10th.
You may also want to watch:
Karine Jones was ranked as third lady while Sean Meager took second place in the road bike category, a competition for riders using a standard frame rather than a specialised aero time-trial machine.
The team is targeting more of these early season hilly TTs prior to a busy road-racing season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital