Good results in the hills for Verulam Cycling Club and Verulam Reallymoving Race Team
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Cycling Club and Verulam Reallymoving Race Team cyclists put in some good rides at the Hemel Hilly Time Trial.
The event was held over a challenging 22-mile route around the Dunstable Downs, which included an ascent of the fearsome Bison Hill up to Whipsnade Zoo.
Time trials are individual events where it is just you against the clock.
And in sunny, if slightly breezy conditions, the 17 riders from the club did themselves proud against a total field of 90.
The more notable performances put Oliver Mytton into sixth overall with team-mate Issy Zimmerman just behind in 10th.
You may also want to watch:
Karine Jones was ranked as third lady while Sean Meager took second place in the road bike category, a competition for riders using a standard frame rather than a specialised aero time-trial machine.
The team is targeting more of these early season hilly TTs prior to a busy road-racing season.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style