Golf: Significant redevelopment planned at Aldwickbury
- Credit: Archant
More than £750,000 has been invested at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club in a significant redevelopment of its function room, which will double its capacity to accommodate more than 200 guests.
The investment also includes a significant refurbishment of the existing lounge bar, a retreat for golfers, offering views of the 18th green on the Park Course, which was designed by former Ryder Cup player and BBC commentator, Ken Brown.
The function space at Aldwickbury Park, which is part of BGL Golf, the UK’s leading course owner and operator, lends itself to a variety of events and occasions from weddings to corporate events and private dinners to cocktail parties.
Andrew Shewbridge, Aldwickbury Park Golf Club general manager, said: “There are very few event spaces of this size in the region and we are responding to demand by investing in an enhanced function room.
“The refurbishment of our lounge and foyer area is also very popular with our members, who will benefit from the upgraded facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Work began in November 2013 and in total, the total project is due to take 26 weeks, with no disruption to golf or existing events scheduled at Aldwickbury Park.
To find out more about Aldwickbury Park Golf Club or to book an event there, visit www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.co.uk, call 01582 760112.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land