Golf: Redbourn’s Holly Hunter takes two county trophies
- Credit: Archant
Holly Hunter, a 14 year-old member of Redbourn Golf Club, has won two county competitions and is set to compete in the national final of the Medal Winner Trophy on June 28.
Holly – the daughter of Redbourn’s head PGA professional, Steve Hunter – has been a member of Redbourn Golf Club from the age of eight. She is the current holder of The Ann Pike Trophy and The Hertfordshire De Paula Cup, in the latter of which she saw off a field of 30 other female competitors to win the best nett 36 hole total during the County Championship qualifying at Hammonds End Golf Club.
The talented youngster’s first national final takes place at Peterborough Milton Golf Club, where she will represent her home club.
Holly enjoys playing at Redbourn because there is a great junior section with lots of competition. Lady members are also great supporters of all the girl golfers at the club.
Redbourn boasts an active junior section, including nearly 100 girls and boys, led by the inspirational junior organiser, Mark Knight, who recently won an award from the sport’s National Governing Body (NGB), England Golf.
You may also want to watch:
Ian McDowell, Redbourn Golf Club general manager, said: “We are privileged to have both Holly and Mark as ambassadors for our Golf Club at a national level. They embody what we aim to achieve here at Redbourn, which is to get more people involved in the sport.
“I know that Holly is also looking forward to competing in the England under 15’s championship this summer, and we wish her and the other girls from Redbourn, the best of luck.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
For further information visit www.redbourngolfclub.co.uk or call: 01582 793493.