Golf: Aldwickbury and Redbourn supporting Golf Month
Redbourn and Aldwickbury Park golf clubs have announced their support of National Golf Month with a host of initiatives to encourage more people to give the game a go.
The clubs are basing their National Golf Month offers on the success they have already seen with the BGL Golf free coaching initiative, Learn Golf, which more than 2,500 non-golfers have registered for across the country.
National Golf Month, which launches today (May 1), has been organised in conjunction with industry leaders including BGL Golf plus key organisations such as The European Tour and England Golf, the game’s National Governing Body, to help entice lapsed golfers and attract newcomers to the sport.
The initiative has the support of several stars of the game including six-time major winner, Sir Nick Faldo, and young Solheim Cup heroin, Charley Hull.
Providing golfers of all ages and ability to give the game a try, people will have the opportunity to take advantage of the following offers:
- Learn Golf – No golf equipment or golf clothing required
• One free one hour lesson led by a PGA Professional, covering a complete introduction to the game including set-up, stance, grip and posture
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 9 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 10 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
• Four one hour beginners lessons, including £50 worth of free vouchers products including range tokens, drinks in the café bar and grill. Progression from initial introduction.
- Free family golf lesson for any combination up to and including two adults and three children. Includes 50 balls on the range, club hire, and an overview of the full facility plus 30 minutes tuition.
- Half price individual golf lesson which is open to everyone and includes a 30 minute coaching session with a PGA Professional
Being promoted nationwide, people can access all National Golf Month offers, including Redbourn and Aldwickbury’s, via the dedicated website: www.nationalgolfmonth.com.