Goldstone and Gibbs net derby goals
HARPENDEN COLTS ALEX Goldstone and Matt Gibbs scored as the Under 14s Dynamos beat London Colney North 2-1. Francis Brown took the Man of the Match award for his leadership.
ALEX Goldstone and Matt Gibbs scored as the Under 14s Dynamos beat London Colney North 2-1. Francis Brown took the Man of the Match award for his leadership. On Sunday Dynamos went to Finchley Revolution Panthers in a Challenge Trophy semi final, and despite a very early lead were held 2-2 after extra time with goals from Chris Knights and Matt Gibbs. The Dynamos won the penalty shoot out 4-3 thanks to a brilliant diving save from Man of the Match Jack Dyer.
The Under 13s Leopards finished the season with a battling performance that saw them lose 7-2 to runaway league winners Berkhamsted Raiders. Goalkeeper Simon Williams was named Man of the Match while regular goalkeeper Sebastian Borgatti scored two fine goals.
Callum Butler scored the winner as the Under 12s Hawks lifted the League Cup, beating Leverstock Green 1-0 in the final.
The Under 12s Eagles were out of luck as they lost by 5-4 to Welwyn Pegasus Navy in an entertaining game that could have gone either way. Fraser Potter and Kieran Wilde each scored twice and also shared the Man of the Match award.
A great mid week performance against league leaders Bedmond Tornadoes resulted in a 4-0 win for the Under 11s United. Goals came from Milo Knights, Joseph Fraquelli, Sam Jones and Connor Gavin. The outstanding Nick Mastrini was named Man of the Match. In their final game of the campaign, United beat Kings Langley 1-0. Striker Sam Jones scored bringing his season total to 30.United secured a respectable second place in the league and the whole team shared the Man of the Match award.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 6 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 7 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 8 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 10 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
Jake Collins and Luke Dinwoodie scored for the Under 11s Rovers but they went down 5-2 to Hemel Youth in the final of the League Cup.