Goldstone and Gibbs net derby goals
HARPENDEN COLTS ALEX Goldstone and Matt Gibbs scored as the Under 14s Dynamos beat London Colney North 2-1. Francis Brown took the Man of the Match award for his leadership.
ALEX Goldstone and Matt Gibbs scored as the Under 14s Dynamos beat London Colney North 2-1. Francis Brown took the Man of the Match award for his leadership. On Sunday Dynamos went to Finchley Revolution Panthers in a Challenge Trophy semi final, and despite a very early lead were held 2-2 after extra time with goals from Chris Knights and Matt Gibbs. The Dynamos won the penalty shoot out 4-3 thanks to a brilliant diving save from Man of the Match Jack Dyer.
The Under 13s Leopards finished the season with a battling performance that saw them lose 7-2 to runaway league winners Berkhamsted Raiders. Goalkeeper Simon Williams was named Man of the Match while regular goalkeeper Sebastian Borgatti scored two fine goals.
Callum Butler scored the winner as the Under 12s Hawks lifted the League Cup, beating Leverstock Green 1-0 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 12s Eagles were out of luck as they lost by 5-4 to Welwyn Pegasus Navy in an entertaining game that could have gone either way. Fraser Potter and Kieran Wilde each scored twice and also shared the Man of the Match award.
A great mid week performance against league leaders Bedmond Tornadoes resulted in a 4-0 win for the Under 11s United. Goals came from Milo Knights, Joseph Fraquelli, Sam Jones and Connor Gavin. The outstanding Nick Mastrini was named Man of the Match. In their final game of the campaign, United beat Kings Langley 1-0. Striker Sam Jones scored bringing his season total to 30.United secured a respectable second place in the league and the whole team shared the Man of the Match award.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Jake Collins and Luke Dinwoodie scored for the Under 11s Rovers but they went down 5-2 to Hemel Youth in the final of the League Cup.