Gold rush for fencing academy at county championships
- Credit: Archant
Paul Davis Fencing Academy were celebrating after a huge haul of medals at the Hertfordshire Fencing Senior County Championships.
The St Albans-based club sent 15 fencers to the event at the Hertfordshire Sports Village, coming away with an impressive 13 medals, including six gold.
Davis himself led the way with gold’s in the Men’s Sabre and Foil, while Lisa Clews, Seb Lu, Meghan Pick and Scott Hawthorne also made the top step of the podium.
It meant the club finished top of the medal rankings for the second year running.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “On the day there was a fantastic team spirit and camaraderie, the fencers and coaches supported their teammates by cheering each other on all the way to the finals.
You may also want to watch:
“And the results speak for themselves.”
Results for Team PDFA
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Ladies Novice Foil
GOLD – Lisa Clews
Men’s Novice Foil
GOLD– Seb Lu
SILVER – Bradley West
Men’s Novice Sabre
GOLD – Scott Hawthorne
GOLD – Meghan Pick
BRONZE – Anna Dunham
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Nick Cavaciuti
BRONZE – Luke Barbour
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Owen Grosvenor
BRONZE – Andy Docherty
SILVER – Lisa Clews
Other fencers achieved very good final places, but missed out on medals; Oscar Hill, Ceaser Chang, Kryiacos Karouzis and Callum Price.