Gold rush for fencing academy at county championships
- Credit: Archant
Paul Davis Fencing Academy were celebrating after a huge haul of medals at the Hertfordshire Fencing Senior County Championships.
The St Albans-based club sent 15 fencers to the event at the Hertfordshire Sports Village, coming away with an impressive 13 medals, including six gold.
Davis himself led the way with gold’s in the Men’s Sabre and Foil, while Lisa Clews, Seb Lu, Meghan Pick and Scott Hawthorne also made the top step of the podium.
It meant the club finished top of the medal rankings for the second year running.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “On the day there was a fantastic team spirit and camaraderie, the fencers and coaches supported their teammates by cheering each other on all the way to the finals.
You may also want to watch:
“And the results speak for themselves.”
Results for Team PDFA
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
Ladies Novice Foil
GOLD – Lisa Clews
Men’s Novice Foil
GOLD– Seb Lu
SILVER – Bradley West
Men’s Novice Sabre
GOLD – Scott Hawthorne
GOLD – Meghan Pick
BRONZE – Anna Dunham
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Nick Cavaciuti
BRONZE – Luke Barbour
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Owen Grosvenor
BRONZE – Andy Docherty
SILVER – Lisa Clews
Other fencers achieved very good final places, but missed out on medals; Oscar Hill, Ceaser Chang, Kryiacos Karouzis and Callum Price.