Gold rush for fencing academy at county championships
- Credit: Archant
Paul Davis Fencing Academy were celebrating after a huge haul of medals at the Hertfordshire Fencing Senior County Championships.
The St Albans-based club sent 15 fencers to the event at the Hertfordshire Sports Village, coming away with an impressive 13 medals, including six gold.
Davis himself led the way with gold’s in the Men’s Sabre and Foil, while Lisa Clews, Seb Lu, Meghan Pick and Scott Hawthorne also made the top step of the podium.
It meant the club finished top of the medal rankings for the second year running.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “On the day there was a fantastic team spirit and camaraderie, the fencers and coaches supported their teammates by cheering each other on all the way to the finals.
You may also want to watch:
“And the results speak for themselves.”
Results for Team PDFA
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
Ladies Novice Foil
GOLD – Lisa Clews
Men’s Novice Foil
GOLD– Seb Lu
SILVER – Bradley West
Men’s Novice Sabre
GOLD – Scott Hawthorne
GOLD – Meghan Pick
BRONZE – Anna Dunham
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Nick Cavaciuti
BRONZE – Luke Barbour
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Owen Grosvenor
BRONZE – Andy Docherty
SILVER – Lisa Clews
Other fencers achieved very good final places, but missed out on medals; Oscar Hill, Ceaser Chang, Kryiacos Karouzis and Callum Price.