Gold rush for fencing academy at county championships
- Credit: Archant
Paul Davis Fencing Academy were celebrating after a huge haul of medals at the Hertfordshire Fencing Senior County Championships.
The St Albans-based club sent 15 fencers to the event at the Hertfordshire Sports Village, coming away with an impressive 13 medals, including six gold.
Davis himself led the way with gold’s in the Men’s Sabre and Foil, while Lisa Clews, Seb Lu, Meghan Pick and Scott Hawthorne also made the top step of the podium.
It meant the club finished top of the medal rankings for the second year running.
A spokeswoman for the club said: “On the day there was a fantastic team spirit and camaraderie, the fencers and coaches supported their teammates by cheering each other on all the way to the finals.
“And the results speak for themselves.”
Results for Team PDFA
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
Ladies Novice Foil
GOLD – Lisa Clews
Men’s Novice Foil
GOLD– Seb Lu
SILVER – Bradley West
Men’s Novice Sabre
GOLD – Scott Hawthorne
GOLD – Meghan Pick
BRONZE – Anna Dunham
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Nick Cavaciuti
BRONZE – Luke Barbour
GOLD – Paul Davis
SILVER – Owen Grosvenor
BRONZE – Andy Docherty
SILVER – Lisa Clews
Other fencers achieved very good final places, but missed out on medals; Oscar Hill, Ceaser Chang, Kryiacos Karouzis and Callum Price.