Goals flow freely for Heath
Ashwood hat-trick fires Heath to Oxhey victory
THE goals have been flowing for Colney Heath this week as the Magpies hit nine in two outings.
The Magpies left it late to snatch a point from their home game with Dunstable Town on Saturday with Phil Turner’s goal coming in the 94th minute to secure a 3-3 draw.
Lewis Taaffe had given the home side an 11th minute lead but two goals from Luke Lincoln, in the 38th and 67th minutes, put the visitors ahead.
Josh Humbert levelled things up for Heath with 10 minutes left only for the away side to regain the lead courtesy of Grant Carney.
With Dunstable looking like taking all three points Turner struck in the fourth minute of added time to grab Heath a share of the spoils.
The Magpies also progressed in the Premier Division Cup as a hat-trick from winger Kevin Ashwood inspired Heath to a 6-2 win at Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
The game remained goalless until the 32nd minute when Ashwood netted the opener and the wideman grabbed number two eight minutes later to give the away side a two goal cushion at the interval.
Left-back Dave Corran netted early in the second half to further Heath’s advantage and Ashwood netted his third goal with 20 minutes remaining.
Goals from Tim O’Mara and Chris Killer threatened to spark a Jets’ revival but this was quashed by strikers from Humbert and Taaffe to give Heath a comprehensive and morale boosting victory.