Goals flow freely for Heath
Ashwood hat-trick fires Heath to Oxhey victory
THE goals have been flowing for Colney Heath this week as the Magpies hit nine in two outings.
The Magpies left it late to snatch a point from their home game with Dunstable Town on Saturday with Phil Turner’s goal coming in the 94th minute to secure a 3-3 draw.
Lewis Taaffe had given the home side an 11th minute lead but two goals from Luke Lincoln, in the 38th and 67th minutes, put the visitors ahead.
Josh Humbert levelled things up for Heath with 10 minutes left only for the away side to regain the lead courtesy of Grant Carney.
With Dunstable looking like taking all three points Turner struck in the fourth minute of added time to grab Heath a share of the spoils.
The Magpies also progressed in the Premier Division Cup as a hat-trick from winger Kevin Ashwood inspired Heath to a 6-2 win at Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
The game remained goalless until the 32nd minute when Ashwood netted the opener and the wideman grabbed number two eight minutes later to give the away side a two goal cushion at the interval.
Left-back Dave Corran netted early in the second half to further Heath’s advantage and Ashwood netted his third goal with 20 minutes remaining.
Goals from Tim O’Mara and Chris Killer threatened to spark a Jets’ revival but this was quashed by strikers from Humbert and Taaffe to give Heath a comprehensive and morale boosting victory.