Goals flow freely for Heath
Ashwood hat-trick fires Heath to Oxhey victory
THE goals have been flowing for Colney Heath this week as the Magpies hit nine in two outings.
The Magpies left it late to snatch a point from their home game with Dunstable Town on Saturday with Phil Turner’s goal coming in the 94th minute to secure a 3-3 draw.
Lewis Taaffe had given the home side an 11th minute lead but two goals from Luke Lincoln, in the 38th and 67th minutes, put the visitors ahead.
Josh Humbert levelled things up for Heath with 10 minutes left only for the away side to regain the lead courtesy of Grant Carney.
You may also want to watch:
With Dunstable looking like taking all three points Turner struck in the fourth minute of added time to grab Heath a share of the spoils.
The Magpies also progressed in the Premier Division Cup as a hat-trick from winger Kevin Ashwood inspired Heath to a 6-2 win at Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
- 1 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The game remained goalless until the 32nd minute when Ashwood netted the opener and the wideman grabbed number two eight minutes later to give the away side a two goal cushion at the interval.
Left-back Dave Corran netted early in the second half to further Heath’s advantage and Ashwood netted his third goal with 20 minutes remaining.
Goals from Tim O’Mara and Chris Killer threatened to spark a Jets’ revival but this was quashed by strikers from Humbert and Taaffe to give Heath a comprehensive and morale boosting victory.