Goals flow freely for Heath
Ashwood hat-trick fires Heath to Oxhey victory
THE goals have been flowing for Colney Heath this week as the Magpies hit nine in two outings.
The Magpies left it late to snatch a point from their home game with Dunstable Town on Saturday with Phil Turner’s goal coming in the 94th minute to secure a 3-3 draw.
Lewis Taaffe had given the home side an 11th minute lead but two goals from Luke Lincoln, in the 38th and 67th minutes, put the visitors ahead.
Josh Humbert levelled things up for Heath with 10 minutes left only for the away side to regain the lead courtesy of Grant Carney.
You may also want to watch:
With Dunstable looking like taking all three points Turner struck in the fourth minute of added time to grab Heath a share of the spoils.
The Magpies also progressed in the Premier Division Cup as a hat-trick from winger Kevin Ashwood inspired Heath to a 6-2 win at Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
The game remained goalless until the 32nd minute when Ashwood netted the opener and the wideman grabbed number two eight minutes later to give the away side a two goal cushion at the interval.
Left-back Dave Corran netted early in the second half to further Heath’s advantage and Ashwood netted his third goal with 20 minutes remaining.
Goals from Tim O’Mara and Chris Killer threatened to spark a Jets’ revival but this was quashed by strikers from Humbert and Taaffe to give Heath a comprehensive and morale boosting victory.