Goals continue to flow for London Colney
London Colney’s assault on the top of the table continued on Saturday with an 8-3 win over Leverstock Green.
The Blueboys are the in-form team in the SSML Premier Division with three wins in their last three league games. But it is not just the results; the manner in which they have beaten teams has been emphatic, scoring 14 goals and conceding four.
Saturday was Ryan Thompson’s side’s biggest win of the season and the scoring started after just 10 minutes, Spencer Clarke-Mardel turning the ball into the net.
The same man was on hand to double the lead after Matt Newman flicked on a cross from Russell Gallagher.
And the three points were all but secured before half-time when Martin Collins chipped Green’s goalkeeper, Dan Blacktopp, to give Colney a 3-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Leverstock pulled a goal back early in the second period but it was short-lived as Collins restored the three-goal advantage, and two minutes later it was 5-1 as Newman got his name on the scoresheet.
The hosts pulled two goals back either side of Tom Smith’s goal before Collins completed his hat-trick to give the Blueboys a 7-3 lead.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
And the scoring was finished by Newman who played a neat one-two with Jimmy Warner before firing the ball into the net.
The win lifts Colney into seventh place in the league, their highest of the year. Next up for the Blueboys is a visit from Oxhey Jets on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.