Goals by the dozen for Colney Heath Ladies against Bedwell Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies made sure there was not going to be a cup shock with a commanding 12-1 win at Bedwell Ladies in the Herts Women’s Cup.
Three divisions separated the two teams on the day but it was a difference of 11 goals that put Colney Heath through to the second round and a match with Stevenage Ladies.
Sophie Joseph and Holly Sheridan both scored hat-tricks while Molly Slade, Kelly Glynn and Adi Milton each got a brace.
Bedwell battled hard for the opening 10 minutes and restricted Magpies for getting into their stride.
However, once Sheridan slotted the first, goals came at regular intervals.
Joseph made it two before Rangers pulled one back.
But the Magpies response was swift and Sheridan immediately got her second before Milton made it four before the break.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
Changes at half-time saw Heath bring on some fresh faces but it didn’t alter the outcome.
Joseph soon linked up with Milton for five and then scored the sixth herself.
She completed her hat-trick shortly after.
Glynn got the eighth with a first time strike into the right hand corner and her second followed within minutes.
The home side pressed the Colney defence well at times but couldn’t break through the back line to create a chance.
Sheridan joined in Joesph by grabbing her third and double figures for Colney with a calm finish.
Slade finished the job off with two powerful shots that rippled the net.
A spokeswoman for the team said: “We would like to say a huge congratulation to Bedwell Ladies for their continued commitment throughout the game.
“Their heads never went down and we wish them well for the rest of the season.”
Colney Heath Ladies will now look to continue their form in Sunday’s league game against Silver End Ladies.