Goal ace Clarke sinks Hitchin
Striker bags double to see off Hitchin
St Albans City Ladies 2
Hitchin Hearts 0
AN early goal from striker Kate Clarke set St Albans City Ladies on their way to victory over Hitchin Hearts.
The striker headed home from close range after meeting Lucy Hancock’s pinpoint cross from the right wing.
You may also want to watch:
Hancock went close herself soon after but her shot went wide.
City ‘keeper Natalie Hilton did well to keep Hitchin out and Steph Belcher was denied a second goal for City by the post.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Kylie Wren forced the Hitchin ‘keeper into a smart save to keep out her low drive.
City did eventually get a second goal late in the game when Clarke beat two defenders and struck the ball into the roof of the net.
City squad: Hilton, Kiff, Warren, Sherlow, Hutton, Tape, Wren, Belcher, Hancock, Clarke, Brown, Johnston, Kropman, L McGinness, S McGinness.