Goal ace Clarke sinks Hitchin
Striker bags double to see off Hitchin
St Albans City Ladies 2
Hitchin Hearts 0
AN early goal from striker Kate Clarke set St Albans City Ladies on their way to victory over Hitchin Hearts.
The striker headed home from close range after meeting Lucy Hancock’s pinpoint cross from the right wing.
You may also want to watch:
Hancock went close herself soon after but her shot went wide.
City ‘keeper Natalie Hilton did well to keep Hitchin out and Steph Belcher was denied a second goal for City by the post.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Kylie Wren forced the Hitchin ‘keeper into a smart save to keep out her low drive.
City did eventually get a second goal late in the game when Clarke beat two defenders and struck the ball into the roof of the net.
City squad: Hilton, Kiff, Warren, Sherlow, Hutton, Tape, Wren, Belcher, Hancock, Clarke, Brown, Johnston, Kropman, L McGinness, S McGinness.