Goal ace Clarke sinks Hitchin
Striker bags double to see off Hitchin
St Albans City Ladies 2
Hitchin Hearts 0
AN early goal from striker Kate Clarke set St Albans City Ladies on their way to victory over Hitchin Hearts.
The striker headed home from close range after meeting Lucy Hancock’s pinpoint cross from the right wing.
Hancock went close herself soon after but her shot went wide.
City ‘keeper Natalie Hilton did well to keep Hitchin out and Steph Belcher was denied a second goal for City by the post.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Kylie Wren forced the Hitchin ‘keeper into a smart save to keep out her low drive.
City did eventually get a second goal late in the game when Clarke beat two defenders and struck the ball into the roof of the net.
City squad: Hilton, Kiff, Warren, Sherlow, Hutton, Tape, Wren, Belcher, Hancock, Clarke, Brown, Johnston, Kropman, L McGinness, S McGinness.