Glittering success for five-star Belstone
BELSTONE Football Club celebrated achieving all their goals in 2007/08 with their annual presentation evening on Friday, June 6. The first team claimed the first ever clean sweep of the Harrow Sunday Challenge Leagues five top honours.
BELSTONE Football Club celebrated achieving all their goals in 2007/08 with their annual presentation evening on Friday, June 6.
The first team claimed the first ever clean sweep of the Harrow Sunday Challenge Leagues five top honours. They beat St Nicholas 7-3 to win the final of the Charity Shield, defeated Broadfield United 1-0 in the final of the Premier Cup and conquered the same opposition to win the Champions Cup 3-1. In the Jack Walker Cup Final, Belstone beat AFC Harrow 6-2 and they secured the Harrow Sunday Challenge League Premier Division title with 34 points from 14 games, eight points clear of second placed South Kilburn.
Nick Turner won Supporters' Player of the year along with top goalscorer. Defender Tom Merritt won Manager's Player of the Year, and brother Phil Merritt won Players' Player of the Year.
The Reserves maintained their position in the Intermediate division. Jake Weisman won top goalscorer and Manager's Player of the Year, whilst James Smithson collected both Supporters' and Players' Player of the Year.
The Under 15s enjoyed a top half finish in the Watford Friendly league White Division. Top goal scorer in his first season was Andre White while Freddie Newman was Most Improved Player. The Squad member of year went to Greg Walton. Supporters' Player of the Season went to Dale Bradman, Manager's Player of the Season to Joe Cherrington, and Players' Player of the Season to Ryan Tarleton.
Ben Raynesford won Clubman of the Year for overall contribution to the running and maintaining of the club, as well as some important Man of the Match performances in the reserves and first team.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 8 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
Belstone are looking for new players for next season. For more information telephone 020 8207 2395 or see www.belstone.net for details about the club.