Girls reach last four
THE Under 15s Girls sent two sides to the Enfield Town Ladies Five-a-Side tournament last weekend and both squads reached the last four. In their opening match, the Yellows beat Headstone Manor 1-0 with a fine goal from Hayley Dynamo Ladd. At the other
THE Under 15s Girls sent two sides to the Enfield Town Ladies Five-a-Side tournament last weekend and both squads reached the last four.
In their opening match, the Yellows beat Headstone Manor 1-0 with a fine goal from Hayley 'Dynamo' Ladd. At the other end Lucy Hancock made some fine saves to secure the victory.
The Yellows drew 0-0 in their second match with Hampstead, thanks to some fine saves from goalkeeper Hancock, proving unbeatable.
Hayley Ladd netted her second of the tournament to secure a 1-0 victory in the derby clash with City Youth Blues. Goalkeeper Lucy Hancock then stole the show again with a superb save to earn the squad a 0-0 draw with Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
In their final group game, the Yellows stormed to a 5-0 victory against Barking with Hayley Ladd scoring a hat trick and Abigail Cameron netting two goals.
The Blues drew 0-0 in their first game against Barking with Alice Warwick going closest to scoring.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
Goalkeeper Natalie Hilton made some fine saves against Hampstead but could not prevent the Blues falling to a 1-0 defeat. Rachel Sherlow forced a fine save from the Hampstead goalkeeper with a good shot.
In their third match the Blues defeated Headstone Manor 1-0 with Michaela Fleming scoring to give them three points.
The Blues lost their final group match 2-0 to Enfield but had done enough to book their place in the semi finals. They took on Hampstead in the last four and went down 1-0 to a late goal. Megan Shaw and Paite Kenny played important roles for the Blues.
The Yellows played Enfield in the semi finals and, despite good work from Hayley Ladd and Abigail Cameron, they went down 1-0 to a breakaway goal.
The Under 11s were also in action at Enfield and drew their first game 0-0 with Hoddesdon Owls B. They also picked up a point from a 1-1 draw with Flamingos Girls from Catford. Louise Herren scored the vital equaliser.
Defeats to Enfield A and eventual winners Enfield Aces ended the involvement for the Under 11s. Lorna Gear, Tati Bee, Ashleigh Harvey, Lauren Berryman and Georgina Lawrence made up the squad.
l The Under 18s Girls are looking for sponsorship next season as they will compete in the Surrey League. Contact General Manager Terry Edwards on 01727 833685 for more information.