Girls produced stunning runs to bring St Albans Athletics Club to sixth in national championships
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Athletics Club’s U13 girls team came home in a fabulous sixth position at the National Cross Country Championships at the weekend.
The event at Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath, saw the girls beat all but five of the other 51 teams.
Antonia Jubb led them home in 32nd place followed by Lily Tse, Sarah McGrath, Hannah Read, Sara Laitner and Florence Crowley.
The U15 boys also did well, despite being one man down due to illness, and finished in the top half.
James Moore produced a great individual run to finish 25th on his national debut.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Grimes shook off an earlier injury scare to finish 88th in the U13 boys, while Christy Durbin was the club’s first U15 girl in 145th.
In the combined U17/U20 women’s race Keira Stern came home in 58th place with Eva Ilari-Barampouti, Jess Laitner and Emily Anders making up the U17 team.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Sisters Caitlin and Lauren Eckley, along with Freya Vafadari, ran for the U20s.