Girls aim to challenge for league crown
ST Albans City Youth Under 18s Girls are aiming to challenge for top spot in the Surrey Counties Girls League next term. Following a third-place finish in the Middlesex and Surrey League, the girls will be switching to a new division next term
ST Albans City Youth Under 18s Girls are aiming to challenge for top spot in the Surrey Counties Girls League next term.
Following a third-place finish in the Middlesex and Surrey League, the girls will be switching to a new division next term and will take on teams such as QPR, AFC Wimbledon and Reading Girls.
The team need sponsorship next season to help out with the increased travel costs. For more information about the sponsorship opportunities available, contact general manager Terry Edwards on 01727 833685.
The girls were supported last season by Marks & Spencer, Morrisons, Sainsburys and also London Colney FC, where they played home fixtures at Cotlandswick.
You may also want to watch:
Last season a number of the squad reached a century of appearances for the club and picked up their awards at the recent end-of-season ceremony.
Pictured left to right - back row: Rebecca Atkins, Aimee Edel, Claire Brown, Katie Ladd, Natalie Burrows, Rebecca Dolphin, Bethany Healy, Jessica Hoare. Front row: Chloe Michael, Sofia Munoz
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests